Monday, August 4, 2014

Weighing Anchor

Weighing Anchor

Have you ever wanted to take a slow boat to somewhere, anywhere, nowhere in particular? Then that’s what we will do as you travel vicariously with me along my waterway adventures.
This series of writings, which may or may not turn into a book, is a chronicle of the journeys taken by me, HeartBeat, as I travel along the Great Loop.  Although I may not be traveling along the conventional routes taken by most boaters to complete the Loop, I will eventually cross my own wake on this epic “bucket list” voyage.
You are invited to join me as I cross the waters, and youre welcome to board me, leave me, and then board again as many times as you like, at any point along the way.


I am a 1970 Pacemaker Allglass 33 with a length over all (LOA) of 36 feet and a beam (width) of 13.5 feet. I am powered by twin Chevy 350 engines that sip gas at a miserly 4 gallons an hour combined. Of course, being an old girl I do not travel fast but I am steady. I tend to travel at 5 to 7 miles an hour; this allows those aboard the opportunity to see the sights and enjoy the glory of the day wherever we are at that moment.
Settle in, take a seat on the deck and enjoy the cruse.

No comments:

Post a Comment